Top Ten Restaurants in Alamogordo
Alamogordo is a great location in New Mexico, 15 minutes southwest and you’re in the worlds largest white gypsum sand dunes, 25 minutes northeast will put you into NewMexi.co’s coolest little village, Cloudcroft.
Alamogordo is home to New Mexico’s oldest zoo, the International Space Hall of Fame, and some of the best people you’ll ever meet. But today we would like to talk about our favorite places to eat there, in a very difficult and debated topic, here’s NewMexi.co’s Top Ten Restaurants in Alamogordo.
10. Pizza Patio– With a HUGE variety of options, Pizza Patio offers something for everyone. We love their Mystic White Pizza, Beer Battered Fries, delicious salads, and hey, did we mention they have BEER! Sit out on the patio and enjoy a refreshing margarita, a beautiful view of the Sacramento Mountains and some awesome food!
9. Waffle & Pancake Shoppe– The best breakfast place in Alamo! Not only serving breakfast, Waffle & Pancake Shoppe offers great hamburgers, hot sandwiches, and a delicious fried chicken dinner. You can never go wrong with their massive smothered breakfast burrito served with a side of fried potatoes or one of the best home-made waffles you’ll ever have! We love the hometown feel that you get from the staff and owners, it’s kind of like Cheers where everybody knows your name, just minus the booze and add waffles!
8. Memories– Located in a beautiful historic home built in 1907, Memories offers a charming experience with some yummy, good for the soul food. Whether you’re in the mood for a romantic evening or wanting to chow down on a tasty burger, Memories will suit your needs. Don’t go without their popular potato soup which is spectacular! Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon is the house specialty and won’t leave you disappointed! Reservations are preferred so give them a call ahead of time.
7. Eddie’s Burritos– The name kind of gives away the type of food they offer, but Eddie makes one mighty fine burrito! Get whatever your heart desires on a massive tortilla filled with your choice of freshly made ingredients. We fell in love with their Carne Asada burrito, but everything we tried was tasty! Great prices and a super convenient drive through make Eddie’s Burritos a frequent visit.
6. Taiwan Kitchen– New Mexico isn’t really known for our Asian food. Sure, we have some of the best Mexican food around, world-wide famous green chile cheeseburgers, but don’t let that stop you from trying everything we offer. Taiwan Kitchen has been a staple in Alamogordo for decades. Alamogordo has seen tens of other Asian restaurants come and go, but Taiwan Kitchen still stands strong. You start off with their delicious egg-drop soup, grab some awesome won tons as an appetizer and order one of their scrumptious dinner selections. We loved most of their menu but favored the number 14, a sweet and spicy breaded chicken served with fried or steamed rice. You will never go back to “mall Chinese food” after eating here!
5. Peppers Grill– One of the largest restaurants in Alamogordo, Peppers Grill offers a huge selection of food, beer and wine, and a great family environment. If you’re wanting steak, salads, enchiladas, or a great hamburger, Peppers is the place to go! We tried Peppers Fried Coconut Shrimp, Whitesands Alfredo, Red-chile Enchilada plate, and their Coyote Habanero Steak. Yes, we were hungry! The friendly staff, nice drink selection, makes Peppers Grill a great place to eat in Alamogordo!
4. The Cupcake Cafe– Come for a cupcake, stay for delicious food! Don’t let the name fool you, The Cupcake Cafe has a large menu of fresh, tasty dishes! Their breakfast items will make your taste buds dance, hamburgers will delight even the harshest critics, and many healthy items for the weight conscious individual like the tasty tomato bisque. Grab a fresh Espresso and one of the best cupcake you’ll ever have!
3. Stella Vita– Stella Vita is the family owned restaurant nestled in the heart of downtown Alamogordo. With a modern, elegant style Stella Vita remains a top location for lunch or dinner engagements. With dishes inspired by the local flavors, Stella Vita is sure to impress your palate. With a wide variety of menu items, with all items created fresh each day, you’ll be impressed by the culinary genius of the chef. Whether you’re looking for the perfect lunch spot or a wonderful evening of dining decadence, enjoy a delightful dining experience at Stella Vita. We recommend the Chicken Salad Croissant or for larger appetites, one can’t go no wrong with a freshly prepared Sirloin steak!
2. Hi D Ho– We can describe Hi D Ho in two words, “Tiger Burger.” Most businesses don’t last over 60 years, but Hi D Ho has been cooking up Alamogordo’s favorite burger since 1952. The mom and pop run drive through is an iconic Alamogordo restaurant that offers all of your favorite classic drive through items, but, because it’s New Mexico, offers some darn good Mexican items too! The double meat Tiger Burger comes with fries, but like any good New Mexican, be sure and add some Green Chile! Wash all of this awesomeness down with a freshly made Cherry Lime!
1B. Brown Bag Deli – It’s hard to drive through Alamogordo and not get a craving for Brown Bag Deli. Alamo’s favorite sub has the perfect sub for anyone and everyone! Fresh ingredients and the perfect ratio of meat, cheeses, veggies, and spreads make BBD one of NewMexi.co’s top restaurants in Alamogordo. Ordering a sub there can be a little difficult, only because of the large selection to choose from. Our favorite is the #17 Turkey, Avocado, and Muenster cheese, add some bacon and your favorite toppings and your mouth will be in Heaven!
1A. Pizza Mill & Sub Factory – Not many places have tombstones on the wall of their past competitors, but that just adds to the experience and atmosphere to Alamogordo’s favorite restaurant. Pizza places have come and gone many times in Alamo, but Pizza Mill has lasted longer than every single one of them. Pizza Mill & Sub Factory is another iconic Alamo restaurant that serves really tasty pizza, subs, and sides. The unique thin crust pizza is made to order and truly delicious. Their waffle fries, garlic bread, and subs are all home runs and will make everyone satisfied and happy! They offer great milk shakes, video games for the kids, and deliver too!
We know we cheated, but there are some really great places to eat in Alamogordo, it’s hard to decide the best! Let us know your favorite restaurants in Alamogordo!