Here in New Mexico, we have a love affair with many types of food. You generally can’t go wrong with Chile Rellenos or Nachos, so why not have both?
These Relleno Nachos are phenomenal and will for sure be a family favorite!
- Fresh Whole Green Chiles, you can use frozen or canned. Leave the skins on if fresh. Each Chile can be cut into 2-4 nachos.
- Flour – 1-2 cups depending on quantity.
- Buttermilk – use to coat Chiles pieces.
- Seasoning Salt – 1-2 Tablespoons according to taste
- Meats – You can use pretty much anything you’d like! Bacon, Seasoned Ground Beef, Refried Beans, Chicken – We used bacon for these!
- Chopped Onions
- Fresh Grated Cheddar Cheese – 1-2 Cups
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped Jalapeño
- Optional Toppings – Sour Cream, Guacamole!
- Dip the Chile pieces into the flour, seasoned salt mixture. Dip the piece into buttermilk and then back into the flour mixture.
- Deep fry the Chile pieces in Vegtable oil. Leave until pieces are golden brown and crispy. Place the cooked pieces on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. (Be Careful!)
- Assemble your Renello Nachos! Cheese, onion, meat, and them more cheese!
- Place in oven set to broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish the Nachos with ranch dressing and tomatoes. Fresh Guacamole and Sour Cream are also wonderful toppings!
Check back with us for more recipes soon! Get ready for NewMexi.co Eats!