Last Minute New Year’s Eve Treats
It’s crunch time and you are having company over for the New Years Eve festivities, when you realize that you need to feed a group of your friends and family. Here are some delicious and quick treats to offer your special guests. Some of these are traditional items and others have a New Mexican flare (because we are obsessed with green chile!)
- 8 oz. mozzarella balls
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- bamboo or wood skewers
- In a small bowl, stir together mozzarella, olive oil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Set aside.
- Assemble skewers: Layer a cherry tomato, basil leaf, marinated mozzarella ball, and another cherry tomato. Place on your serving platter.
- Make balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan or skillet, bring balsamic vinegar to a low simmer. Let thicken until syrupy, 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- Drizzle skewers with balsamic glaze and serve.
Mango Shrimp Stuffed Endive Leaves
- 1/2 pound cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 mango, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 24 endive leaves (from about 3 heads)
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, mango, cilantro, oil, lime juice, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture into the endive leaves.